Recipe to Try: Appetizer Braid
20 Mar, 2015
Appetizer Braidby hhgregg
Watch the next round of games this weekend eating this delicious, zesty Italian Bread filled with roasted red peppers, provolone cheese, Italian seasoning, and more! #FoodieFriday
- 2 cups bread flour (2 to 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 pkg Fleischmann’s Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup water, very warm (120 to 130°F)
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 6-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped or 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 cup Provolone cheese, shredded
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, Italian herb seasoning and salt. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Place on greased baking sheet.
Layer filling ingredients lengthwise over center third of dough. With a sharp knife, cut sides of dough into 1-inch wide strips, cutting from edge of filling. Fold strips at an angle over filling, alternating sides and overlapping ends. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 20 to 40 minutes.
Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool slightly on wire rack.
Follow us on Pinterest for even more recipe ideas:
Follow hhgregg’s board Original Recipes on Pinterest.