Recipe to Try: Chicken Quesadillas
30 Jan, 2015
Chicken Quesadillasby hhgregg
Chicken quesadillas are always a fan favorite. Try these for your next party and serve with fresh salsa, sour cream and lime for an extra kick!
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp ground chili powder, not cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 cup yellow or green onion, diced
- 8 oz mild green chiles, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, stems, seed removed, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas, 8″ in diameter
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican melting cheese, grated
- sour cream
- tomato salsa
- lime, 5 half slices
Preheat oven to 250°F. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and lime juice over chicken. Mix and set aside.
Heat remaining corn oil in the same pan. While it’s heating, divide chicken mixture among the tortillas, in the center. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of grated cheese on each tortilla. When the oil is hot (ensure that it’s not smoking, which means the oil is too hot), fold the tortillas in half over the chicken and cook two at a time. Press down gently on the tops to seal.
Turn when they are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Cook until the second half is golden and the cheese has melted. As they finish cooking, place quesadillas on a platter and hold them in the oven until all of them are done.
Serve with salsa, sour cream and lime.
Follow us on Pinterest for even more recipe ideas:
Follow hhgregg’s board Original Recipes on Pinterest.