Easy & Creative Bake Sale Ideas
28 Apr, 2016
As the end of the school year approaches, you may find yourself being asked to participate in an annual bake sale. Bake sales are an easy fundraiser for sports teams, non-profits and other organizations because all sales are 100% profit – and everyone loves baked goods! If you’re participating in a bake sale and need a little inspiration, we’ve collected some fun ideas below! Get started on these bake sale favorites and help raise money for a good cause.
Low skill involvement
Not everyone is a baker, and that’s okay! Even simple chocolate chip cookies (with pre-made dough from the grocery store) are a delicious bake sale contribution. Or, you can even purchase baked goods from a store – no shame in that! But if you’d like to try something a little more creative that doesn’t require a lot of effort or skill, here are a few easy bake sale ideas:
- Fruit Loop Necklaces: How cute are these?! All you need is string and fruit loops. Bonus points if you have a mannequin stand for displaying these treats.
- Pretzel M&M Hugs: Sweet, salty and addictive. Line pretzels on a baking sheet with a Hershey kiss on top. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Bake for three minutes to melt the kisses. Stick an M&M on top and you’re done!
- Strawberry Brownie Skewers: These look elaborate but are actually pretty simple. You’ll need brownies (the boxed version is just fine!), strawberries, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Get some help from small kitchen appliances
You can use what you already have in your kitchen to generate some creative bake sale ideas. Those small kitchen appliances are ready and waiting!
- Waffle Iron Cookies: A spin on the classic cookie, for something different you can try making cookies in your waffle iron!
- Pie pops, cake pops, dog treats and more: If you haven’t discovered Babycakes’ products yet, it’s time to check them out. These little machines will help you make fancy looking desserts in a snap. Plus, the site has a variety of recipes for its different machines.
- Quick bread or muffin recipe: The goal of this recipe is to be easy, fast and relatively healthy. Check, check and check. Plus, the ingredients are mixed in a blender.
- Pressure Cooker Cheesecake: Cheesecake in the pressure cooker is rich, smooth and creamy. Follow these tips to make the perfect cheesecake, and choose from five different recipes.
- Slow Cooker S’mores Cake: A fairly easy recipe that cooks for 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the crockpot.
Step up your game
Do you consider yourself a baking connoisseur?
- Cookie Monster Cupcakes: Sure to be a bake sale favorite, these cupcakes look and taste delicious. Plus, you can use this idea to create other cupcake characters!
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes: Cute and tasty! The trickiest part is finding something to support the ice cream cones while they bake in the oven. This author suggests cutting a foil tray.
- Mini Pies in a Cupcake Tin: These are adorable and allow the bake sale shoppers to purchase their own individual pies. Plus you can experiment with different fillings – from cherry to peach!
hhgregg is your partner in the kitchen
Whether you’re baking for a fundraiser or cooking dinner for the family, hhgregg is here to ensure you have everything you need in your kitchen. We carry all the major appliances you might need for your kitchen, such as a garbage disposal, built-in dishwasher and range oven.
For your convenience, you can search online for products or visit your local hhgregg store to shop in person.