Fall Allergy Tips
02 Sep, 2016
Allergies in the fall can make the season less enjoyable for the people who experience them. So you may be wondering what causes allergies in the fall? The abrupt weather changes to cooler temperatures, the changing foliage and the plants constantly releasing pollen into the air are just some of the many factors that may cause fall allergy symptoms. Here we’ll provide some fall allergy tips and how to find relief.
Fall allergy symptoms
The severity of each symptom can vary depending on what part of the body has been exposed and how long the exposure lasted. The most common fall allergies have symptoms such as:
|Exposed Body Part||Symptoms|
|Eyes & Nose||Watery and itchy eyes,
runny mucous from the nose,
huffing when trying to breath,
|Mouth/Stomach||Itching in the back of the throat,
unwanted spots on the skin,
dry or itchy skin (eczema)
Fall allergy relief
The fall season will eventually lead to cooler temperatures which means we will start spending more time inside. This will also lead to more exposure to indoor allergens. Here are some tips to rid your life of both indoor and outdoor allergens:
- If you are sensitive to dust, mold or any other bacteria commonly found indoors, the best suggestion would be to buy a dehumidifier.
- Stay clean. Dust and vacuum on a regular basis (floor care is a must!).
- Avoid hanging clothes outdoors to dry. Pollen sticks to laundry very easily. These clothes will bring the allergies with them once completely dry and brought inside.
- Use an air conditioner at night. This will prevent any extra toxins from coming into your home along with keeping it at a comfortable temperature. Remember to change the filters consistently.
- If needed, see a doctor. If the symptoms do not go away, it’s possible that you need specific medication. A professionally diagnosed allergy can lead to prevention in the healthiest manner possible.
Get fall ready at hhgregg
Not only do we carry air purifiers, humidifiers and more to help with your allergies, but we also carry a variety of appliances, electronics and furniture for your entire home. Be ready for fall cookouts with our selection of gas grills on sale, heat up some warm apple cider for guests with a new microwave or shop our TV deals to get a new entertainment setup ready for football season. Find all of this and more when you browse online or visit your local hhgregg store!