Fourth of July Recipes & Party Ideas for Your Independence Day Cookout
30 Jun, 2016
Preheat the grill and get the red, white and blue decorations ready – Independence Day is almost here! To celebrate the outdoor living space and Fourth of July parties, we have compiled some of the best Fourth of July recipes to try on your grill (kid-friendly, grill-able desserts included). We have also outlined a few creative decoration ideas to make sure your party fits the Fourth of July theme. Keep reading for recipe and decoration ideas to make your Independence Day cookout a success.
Grill Recipes for Entrees and Apps
- Burgers – Whether your guests love traditional cheeseburgers or prefer a unique recipe, check out Food.com’s 30 delicious burger recipes that will please everyone.
- Spicy Shrimp – Savor this delicious grilled seafood dish that has a little kick to it.
- Grilled Bread with Olive Oil – Serving bread with dinner? Try this flavorful, grilled version from epicurious.com.
- Grilled Green Beans and Scallions – Cook your green beans on the grill for a unique twist on a classic dish.
Kid-Friendly Desserts on the Grill
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs – All you need is some summer fruit and honey to make this sweet treat from Taste of Home.
- S’mores on the Grill – If you don’t have a fire pit, use this simple s’mores recipe from Mr. Food to make them on the grill.
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Cream – Who said you have to make cake in the oven? Follow the Cooking Channel’s recipe for a tasty shortcake dessert on the grill.
Decorations & Extras
- Sparkler party favors – For an inexpensive party favor, use red, white or blue ribbon to tie together a few sparklers. Guests will be able to enjoy them when the sun goes down!
- Mini American flags – Decorate your yard with mini American flags – you can place them in flower pots (as pictured above), garden beds or in your centerpieces.
- Tissue fan fireworks – Follow the instructions from marthastewart.com for these simple DIY fireworks decorations.
- Red, white and blue accents – Whether you purchase red plates, blue glasses or a tablecloth in patriotic colors, adding these colorful accents will tie together the Fourth of July theme.
- Red, white and blue drinks – Mix up this patriotic, kid-friendly drink. For adult versions, check out these red, white and blue cocktail recipes.
Shop the hhgregg Fourth of July sale
No matter what you need this summer – new appliances, an updated grill or something else for the home – be sure to check out the hhgregg Fourth of July sale. You’ll find a variety of electronics, TVs, appliances and furniture on sale. Shop now!
Need more pinspiration for your Fourth of July cookout? Check out the hhgregg’s Summer Pinterest Board!