Game Day Appetizer Ideas
24 Jan, 2015
The Big Game is almost here, and that means it’s time to start prepping your menu for your game day party or get-together. Whether you prefer traditional apps like spinach dip and nachos or unique twists on classic dishes like a potato and bacon pizza, we have selected ten crowd-pleasing appetizers to serve at your game day party.
- Sweet Potato Chips (via My Recipes) – Basic, boring potato chips? Not with this savory sweet potato chips recipe!
- Boneless Buffalo Wings (via Eating Well) – Serve this classic app with a side of spicy blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
- Hot Spinach Dip (via Delish) – Save time on game day by assembling this tasty, classic dip up to three days ahead.
- Glazed Fruit Bowl (via Taste of Home) – Keep things healthy (sort of) with this sweet take on a traditional fruit bowl.
- Potato and Bacon Pizza (via Real Simple) – Take pizza to the next level by adding bacon and thinly sliced potatoes. Try the NW Kitchen Appliances Pizza Maker for restaurant-quality results.
- Caesar Salad Spears (via Food and Wine) – Ditch the big salad for these portable salad spears.
- Three Cheese Mini Macs (via Food and Wine) – Turn this hearty side dish into one-bite mini macs. You can make them ahead of time, too.
- Slow Cooker Beef Nachos (via My Recipes) – This crowd favorite serves double duty: dish out beef on nachos for an appetizer or add to sandwich buns for a heartier meal.
- Soft Pretzel Bites (via Sally’s Baking Addiction) – You may want to make a bigger batch of pretzel bites – these will go fast!
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Almonds (via Food Network) – Move over, Pigs in a Blanket. Wow your guests with this easy-to-make, gourmet dish.
What apps will you be serving on game day? To prepare for your party, check out our Big Game Pinterest board below.