Game Day Food
24 Mar, 2016
No matter what sport you’re watching, creating the perfect homegating experience requires a great TV setup, cold beverages and tasty game day snacks. Tired of serving the same old thing? We’ve shared three simple yet delicious recipes below for each of our favorite cooking methods: the grill, the crockpot, the pressure cooker and the oven.
On the grill
While the grill is often the go-to for tailgaiters, it’s a favorite of the homegater too. For a really awesome homegating set up, you can position your grill on your deck and still catch the game on an outdoor TV. Now all you need is a little recipe inspiration. Try these:
- Grilled Steak Kebabs: Starting with an easy marinade for your steaks, these kebabs are delicious and simple. Plus they feature veggies!
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple: The glaze will caramelize on the pineapple right on the grill! A great side option.
- Grilled Foil-Pack Cheesy Fries: You had us at cheesy fries. Wait, this recipe includes real bacon bits too?! Drooling.
In the crockpot
The crockpot is a favorite kitchen helper for homegating. Throw your ingredients in and let them simmer in the pot while you watch the game. Plus, it will stay warm throughout the day as you make your way back to the kitchen for seconds. And thirds. And fourths! Here are a few fan favorites:
- Crockpot Beer Brats: Beer and brats go together like peanut butter and jelly. Your mouth will water over these plump, flavorful sausages.
- White Chicken Chili: Chili is a great homegating recipe. Try a spin on the classic chili with this white chicken version. Added bonus? Its gluten and dairy-free, and low fat!
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip: A great tailgating party needs a signature dip. How about a dip that tastes like pizza? Yes, please!
In the pressure cooker
The pressure cooker is gaining steam (pun intended) in the world of small kitchen appliances. It’s positioned as a healthy way to cook that also produces flavorful dishes quickly. Tasty, healthy and delicious? Sounds good to us! Try these game day recipes:
- Honey BBQ Wings: How could any respectable list of tailgating foods not include a wing recipe? This recipe makes two pounds of yummy chicken wings, and you can cook them frozen or thawed.
- Chickpea Hummus: Hummus in the pressure cooker? You bet! The creamy texture and the flavors of the onion and garlic are an excellent combination.
- White Bean Soup: The pressure cooker is great for making soups. This one is a little heartier and uses a ham bone with meat.
In the oven
Many tasty dishes can be prepped ahead of the time and popped in the oven. Let your food cook while you mingle with guests. Here are a few homegating recipes for the oven:
- Cuban Sliders: Loaded with ham, swiss cheese and dill pickles, these are easy to make and won’t disappoint.
- Crispy Oven-Fried Fish Bites: Not a meat eater? Pair these with a side of fries and the homemade tartar sauce and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing meal.
- Oven-Baked Sloppy Joe Hot Dogs: Do you love hot dogs? Do you love sloppy joes? If you said yes to both, then this heavenly game day snack was made for you.
Be ready for game day with help from hhgregg
Whatever you need to make your home the ideal place to homegate – whether it’s a new Smart TV, leather sofa or elaborate home entertainment speaker system – you can be sure that Gregg’s got it! Shop in stores or online today to be homegating ready.