22 Jul, 2016
Need some ideas to add a little something new to the cookout? Ready to try out some new desserts? Grilling desserts is both fun and easy with so many creative opportunities for the everyday chef. The majority of these recipes do not take long to make, which means not only will you amaze your friends with the taste, but the speed of the dessert as well.
Quick and easy ideas
To start, we can show you some ideas for desserts with grilled fruit. These delicious desserts are simple along with a pinch of health consciousness, because hey, it’s fruit.
- Grilled Plum Kabobs – Simple yet delicious! Plum kabobs are quick to make and the same idea works with other similar fruits, like apricots or peaches.
- Grilled Bananas & Hot Fudge – Nothing really beats a hot fudge Sundae, so why not include a grilled fruit? When bananas are grilled, it adds more texture and taste to an already delicious dessert.
- Grilled Fruit Skewers – This idea creates a broader range for possible grilled fruits. Grilling a variety of fruits to put together the ideal skewer makes satisfying everyone easy. Even add a yogurt or caramel fruit dip to make the meal that much better!
- Grilled Mango with Lime Juice – This dessert provides a healthy experience that still can quench that desire for a sweet taste.
Grilling fruit makes for a unique and entertaining dining experience for you, your family and all your friends to enjoy.
Grilled cake & sweets
Looking for something a bit more satisfying for a sweet tooth? Try grilled cakes and sweets. Whether you prefer to start with a beginner level recipe or jump right into a more complex and gratifying dish, all of these grilled cakes and sweets will be hard to resist!
- Grilled Doughnuts – Yes, you read that correctly! You can take the chance at making an already tempting dessert even more savory.
- Grilled Shortcake Skewers – Make a summer party more enjoyable with these easy to make skewers. With the combination of pound cake and various grilled fruits such as strawberries or pineapple, be ready to entice everyone at the cookout!
- Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookies – Take the classic dessert everyone loves away from the oven and put in on the grill!
- Grilled S’more Pizza Pie – Show off a bit of a fancy side with this delectable dessert. Everyone at the cookout will be in awe when served this delicacy!
- Grilled Angel Food Cake with Roasted Blueberries – Yum! A delicious and no-fuss dessert that’s easy to make if you’re short on time.
Get outside and grill
hhgregg provides a variety of grills for outdoor cooking. You’ll find great prices on our charcoal and gas grills from your favorite brands, including Broil-King, Char-Broil and Weber. Shop at your local hhgregg today or visit us online to find everything you need for your home, both indoors and out.
Top Rated Grills