We Help Wednesday: Hanging That TV You Got For The Holidays
26 Dec, 2012
You keep meaning to hang that TV since last month. Realistically, you need a step by step guide on how to get the job done. We’re here to help!
Start off by watching quick video on TV Mounting Installation.
Here’s a quick summary (we know you won’t read them if they are called directions) of how to mount a TV:
- Locate a power source near installation. If you are wanting an outlet behind the TV and it’s not already there, you will need to call a licensed electrician to install one. Wires need be run through the stud frames if this is the case.
- Decide how high you want to mount it and measure out the dimensions of the TV on the wall. Mark off the area where you would like the TV to hang. (some form of masking tape or painters tape works well)
- Pull out the stud finder and make sure you have studs within the placement that you can secure to. (if you have anything other than regular drywall, a professional might be needed from this point on)
- Take stand off TV if there is one. Attach the wall mount to the TV.
- Attach the TV wall mount bracket to the wall and make sure to use the studs you located in step 3.
- Connect all cables.
- Find a buddy to help lift the TV while the other works to interlock the brackets together.
- Make sure the TV is secure and enjoy!
On the fence about mounting your TV? Want to know what’s in it for you? Here are 7 points to be made about mounting your TV.
By mounting your TV it:
- Reduces glare
- Improves safety
- Enhances beauty
- Improves your viewing angle
- Saves you money
- Prevents TV damage
- Saves valuable room space