How To Remove Makeup Stains
22 May, 2013
Playing dress-up as a child can cause some major messes for you, so make sure you are prepared. Here are the best tips from the Institute of Home Science to get makeup stains out.
- Check the care label on your garment.
- Use the makeup remover recommended by the makeup manufacturer if available, or rub liquid detergent into the stain and allow to work for up to 30 minutes.
- Wash in hottest water safe for the garment while utilizing the Maytag PowerWash™ Cycle.
- If necessary, follow-up with a wash in color-safe bleach for colors or liquid chlorine bleach for whites.
- Air dry and check the garment for any remaining stain.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary before you place the garment in the dryer.