How To Remove Stains From Placemats
27 May, 2013
Your child’s coloring masterpiece can create a mess, so make sure you are prepared. Here are the best tips from the Institute of Home Science to get stains out of your placemats.
- Start by wiping away as much of the stain-causing substance as possible, taking care not to push the stain further into the fibers of the fabric.
- Rinse the garment with cool water to dilute the stain.
- Soak the garment in a solution of cool water and detergent for up to 30 minutes, or longer if needed.
- Squeeze out the excess water
- Wash in the warmest water safe for the garment while utilizing the Maytag PowerWash™ Cycle A bit of liquid detergent rubbed into the stain prior to washing, or the use of a pretreatment or color safe bleach could help with removal.
- Check the garment at the end of the cycle to be sure the stain is removed before drying.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary before you place the garment in the dryer.