How To Remove Stains From Placemats
27 May, 2013
Your child’s coloring masterpiece can create a mess, so make sure you are prepared. Here are the best tips from the Institute of Home Science to get stains out of your placemats.
- Start by wiping away as much of the stain-causing substance as possible, taking care not to push the stain further into the fibers of the fabric.
- Rinse the garment with cool water to dilute the stain.
- Soak the garment in a solution of cool water and detergent for up to 30 minutes, or longer if needed.
- Squeeze out the excess water
- Wash in the warmest water safe for the garment while utilizing the Maytag PowerWash™ Cycle A bit of liquid detergent rubbed into the stain prior to washing, or the use of a pretreatment or color safe bleach could help with removal.
- Check the garment at the end of the cycle to be sure the stain is removed before drying.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary before you place the garment in the dryer.
Maytag appliances are able to handle load after load, week after week. From Ohio to you, all Maytag full-size washers and dryers are designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.