Work Out That New Year’s Resolution With A Solution
31 Dec, 2012
Ah, a new year is upon us and you made a resolution to work out more, to get healthier, and drop some pounds. Now is the implementation period. Sure, you could go get a gym membership and workout with the masses who made the same resolution.
What if you could simply roll out of bed, head to your designated ‘workout room’ and not even have to worry about brushing your teeth? Here’s how you start living the ‘I actually fulfilled my resolution’ dream.
First, pick a room that has some extra space to spare. Next, make a plan on what areas you would like to target. Once you have these it is time to start picking out your gear.
Finally, log on to our health & fitness page. Having trouble making a list of things you need? Here is an example:
- Some sort of resistance band: These are very versatile and can be used in a variety of workouts for many areas of your body.
- An exercise ball: Whether you are going to take it to the office and replace your office chair or simply use it to stretch, this is a must-have accessory.
- Exercise or Yoga Mat: Instead of paying for it later, purchase a good surface to work out on.
- Medicine Ball or Some Weights of some Form: Start off small if you aren’t used to them and work your way up.
- Heart Rate Watch: This is always a nice addition to make sure you are not straining your body too much.
- A Treadmill, Elliptical Trainer or Exercise Bike: Use a cardio machine to help get that heart rate up.
Next, purchase the items you will need online or in-store. Once these items arrive, put yourself on a schedule, consistency will only happen if you train yourself.
Need some ideas of an exercise routine to do in your new home gym? Check out our Pinterest board for more motivation.
BONUS: Enter our Get Healthy and Win Big Sweeps now until January 6th for a chance to win daily, weekly and a grand prize from our partners at Life Fitness, Polar, Horizon, AFG, Spri and Gaiam.
Enter here: http://hhgre.gg/WN7ofj
Let our Turkey motivate you in the New Year. Share this video and receive an additional entry to the Get Healthy, Win Big Sweeps!
Good luck in 2013!