Dare to Compare: LG vs. GE French Door Refrigerators
11 Apr, 2014
Whether you are moving into a new home or are updating your kitchen appliances as part of spring cleaning this year, buying a new fridge takes a little research. With all of the different features and new technology available, it may be tricky to find the perfect fridge for your home. To help you narrow your search, we compared two top-quality stainless steel French door refrigerators from GE and LG. Read on to see which one is the better option for you!
- Hands-free autofill – Set your glass on the water dispenser and watch as it fills up automatically – no hands required.
- Advanced filtration system – Enjoy great-tasting, filtered water with the GE refrigerator’s filtration system. Plus, the filter is easy to replace.
- Showcase LED lighting – Put your food in the spotlight with energy-efficient lighting throughout the fridge and freezer.
- Full-width electronic temperature-controlled drawer – The drawer has five temperature settings, so you can keep different foods at their perfect temperatures.
- Energy Star® qualified – Rest assured that you are saving energy with this appliance. You should see an impact on your energy bill, as well!
- Large capacity – One of the most obvious benefits of this fridge model is its capacity, which is several cubic feet larger than the GE model. You’ll have 22 cubic feet to store fresh food and 10.5 cubic feet of freezer space!
- Temperature-controlled drawers – Enjoy temperature-controlled Glide N’ Server drawers to easily store items separately and adjust the temperature to your liking.
- Alarm – Refrigerator alarms are becoming a very popular and beneficial feature on newer fridges. If you leave the fridge or freezer door open for more than 60 seconds, an alarm will sound to ensure you don’t accidentally leave the fridge door open and spoil the food inside.
- Fresh air filter – Forget using baking soda or fridge refreshers to remove odors from your fridge. This LG refrigerator has an air filter to eliminate food odors and keep things smelling fresh.
- Energy Star® qualified – Like the GE model, the LG fridge is also energy efficient, so you’ll save electricity and money.
Which fridge is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below! Also, don’t forget to check out our other product comparisons, like our Holmes Humidifier Comparison.