Recipe to Try: Reuben Pita
13 Mar, 2015
Reuben Pitaby hhgregg
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these delicious Reuben Pita appetizers. Your guests will be lucky to have them! #FoodieFriday
- 2 pita breads
- 6 oz corned beef, thinly sliced and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can sauerkraut, rinsed and well-drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tsp caraway seed (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, mix corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing and caraway seed.
Spread beef mixture on pita bread halves and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from cookie sheet with spatula. Serve warm.
Follow us on Pinterest for even more recipe ideas:
Follow hhgregg’s board Original Recipes on Pinterest.