Top Tablets for Kids
05 Dec, 2014
The holidays are quickly approaching, and that means it’s time to narrow down your shopping list and find the perfect gift. If you are buying gifts for younger members of your family, tablets can make a great gift choice for toddlers, kids, tweens and teens. So what is the best tablet option for kids? We’ve highlighted a few below.
Discover the top tablets made specifically for children
There are several tablets on the market that are created just for kids. These learning tablets have built-in apps that feature games and cartoons, and they help teach kids to read, draw and more.
- Nabi 8GB 7″ Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet for Kids: Over 700 hours of continuous children’s content will keep your kids entertained! From the drawing pad and pencil camera to kid-friendly billboard songs and characters they know and love, this children’s tablet is a great choice for your little ones.
- Nabi Jr. 16GB 5″ Android 4.1 Learning Tablet for Kids: With 30 built-in apps and games, kids will learn with characters they know from Nick, Jr. It also features an educational system that adjusts to your child’s skill set in math, reading and writing making it one of the best tablets for kids.
- Nabi DreamTab 16GB 8″ Touchscreen Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Tablet for Kids: This kids tablet allows parents to set time controls; plus, kids can explore the Internet in a controlled environment with pre-approved sites, streaming video and appropriate content. With educational apps, plus access to movies, music, TV and games, your child can learn in a safe environment.
- Nabi DreamTab 16GB 8″ Touchscreen Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet for Kids: With over 400 kid-focused, parent-approved apps, as well as learning suites, kid-friendly content and a sharing platform, this tablet for kids will let your tween have the freedom to explore technology within an appropriate space.
- Samsung 8GB 7″ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Galaxy Tab 3 Kids: Featuring a kid-friendly interface, this tablet includes preloaded content and apps in the “play,” “learn” and “story” categories. Parents can set time limits and switch to an adults-only interface for their personal use.
Or, find a tablet made for everyone
Although they are not specifically designed for kids, there are several tablets on the market that are great for the entire family. These tablets offer the features adults want, while still allowing for plenty of iOS educational apps, Google Play apps and more for children.
- Apple iPad Air: Thin and lightweight (just one pound), the Apple iPad Air has a 10-hour battery life with access to thousands of apps, including your favorite educational and learning games. Kids can connect with out-of-town family members with the FaceTime HD camera, and store content in the iCloud.
- Apple iPad mini: Featuring ultrafast wireless access in a lightweight format, your kids will enjoy built-in apps, FaceTime, iSight camera and HD video and more. Plus, you can use the iPad mini when the kids aren’t around for personal browsing, social media, games and more.
- Kindle Fire HDX 7″: Create individual profiles with parental controls and time limits for peace of mind knowing your kids are exploring the Internet and apps in a safe space. With an easy-to-use interface, this tablet delivers HDX display and powerful performance, giving your kids access to their favorite apps, music, shows and more.