10 Things to Do With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
29 Nov, 2014
Thanksgiving is a time for family, food, friends and more food…but what do you do with all of the leftovers? Besides freezing or vacuum-sealing uneaten turkey, green beans, or other Thanksgiving dishes, there are plenty of tasty recipes that incorporate the most common Turkey Day leftovers. We’ve compiled 10 of our favorites below:
- Grilled Brie, Turkey and Pear Sandwich (via Fine Cooking) – The turkey sandwich is a go-to for the day (or week) after Thanksgiving, but this recipe takes the leftover sandwich into gourmet territory.
- Roast Turkey Soup (via Serious Eats) – Give traditional chicken soup a twist by substituting turkey for chicken, perfect for a chilly fall night after a long day of Black Friday shopping!
- Turkey Croquettes (via Rachael Ray) – Tired of turkey sandwiches? Whip up these easy-to-make turkey croquettes.
- Green Bean Quiche (via Southern Living) – This dish is perfect to serve at breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.
- Deep Fried Green Beans (via Food Network) – Spice up leftover green beans with this quick recipe for crunchy, fried green beans.
- Potato Pancakes (via Allrecipes.com) – Need to make something tasty in a pinch? These potato pancakes only take 15 minutes to prepare and cook!
- Mashed Potato Soup (via Rachael Ray) – Turn leftover potatoes into a creamy mashed potato soup with bacon.
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake (via Country Living) – Repurpose mashed sweet potatoes with this rich pound cake recipe.
- Leftover Pumpkin Pie Brulee (via Food Network) – Deconstruct your pumpkin pie and transform it into a decadent brulee.
- Cranberry Sauce Cocktail (via Popsugar.com) – Have leftover cranberries or cranberry sauce? Don’t let it go to waste – craft this adult-only cocktail.
What’s your go-to Thanksgiving leftover recipe? Share in the comments below!