Running Gadgets, Gear & Wearables for Your Thanksgiving Day Race
17 Nov, 2016
Whether you call it a “turkey trot” or simply a Thanksgiving Day race, there are hundreds of races available across the country on Turkey Day! If you’re planning on participating in a race before celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday, we have outlined some of the best race wearables to help you prepare for the run and meet your goals at the finish line. Haven’t signed up yet? Find Thanksgiving-themed races near you.
Track your steps, movement and even sleep with some of the best fitness trackers in the market. In the days (or weeks) leading up to the race, these are ideal to help you gauge your activity level and make sure you’re rested before race day. Plus, they are integrated with helpful apps so you can analyze your progress from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Fitbit Flex™ Black Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband
- Scosche Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor
- Runtastic 3-Pack Colored Wristbands for Orbit
Want to listen to music while you run, but are worried your headphones won’t stay put? Consider purchasing a pair made especially for working out – some of these headphones will even monitor your heart rate while you run! Here are some of our favorites to try for both training and race day:
- Sony Wireless Headphones
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- LG Heart Rate Monitor Earphone
- Margaritaville Black Bluetooth Sport Earbuds
Besides using your smartphone as a music player, there are several convenient iPods and MP3 players that can store tons of music for extra-long runs:
- Apple iPod touch (6th generation) 32GB Space Gray
- SanDisk 8GB Clip Sport Flash MP3 Player
- Apple iPod nano 16GB Space Gray