The Best Tips To Get BBQ Stains Out
17 May, 2013
Have you ever ate BBQ and ended up with a stained shirt? To make sure you are prepared, here are the best tips from the Institute of Home Science to get out BBQ stains out.
- Start by wiping away as much of the BBQ substance as possible, taking care not to push the stain further into the fibers of the fabric.
- Rinse the garment with cool water to dilute the stain.
- Soak the garment in a solution of cool water and detergent for up to 30 minutes, or longer if needed.
- Squeeze out the excess water, then wash as usual using the warmest water safe for the garment while utilizing the Maytag PowerWash™ Cycle.. A bit of liquid detergent rubbed into the stain prior to washing, or the use of a pretreatment or color safe bleach could help with removal.
- Check the garment at the end of the cycle to be sure the stain is removed before drying.
- If needed, repeat the process.