The Best Tips To Remove Wet Paint Stains
29 May, 2013
Always be aware of your surroundings including wet paint on a bench. Here are the best tips from the Institute of Home Science to get wet paint stains out.
- Scrape any excess paint from the garment, taking care not to push the paint further into the fibers of the garment. Treat as soon as possible, as dried paint will be more difficult to remove.
- Rinse thoroughly in cool running water, until the water runs clear.
- Soak in a solution of detergent and cool water, periodically scrubbing the stain lightly to help the removal process.
- Once most of the stain is removed, rinse the garment under running water again,
- Wash with Maytag’s Cold Wash cycle and cold water formulated detergent to remove any remaining paint.
- Check the garment at the end of the cycle to be sure the stain is removed before drying.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
Maytag appliances are able to handle load after load, week after week. From Ohio to you, all Maytag full-size washers and dryers are designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.