Tomato Bruschetta by hhgregg
22 Jul, 2013
Looking for some appetizers that really hit the spot? Here at hhgregg, we would like to spread some of our favorite recipes for you to enjoy at home! Today, we will be focusing on Tomato Bruschetta.
- 6 Tomatoes, red ripe, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, whole
- 1 oz Basil, fresh, julienned
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick
In a medium bowl, combine diced, seeded tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup of the oil. Toss the tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the baguette on a bias about 1/4-inch thick, thicker if you like. Brush the baguettes with the remaining oil. Top each piece of bread with a teaspoon of tomato mixture. Julienne basil and place on top of the tomato mixture.