Snow Day? Try These Winter Activities When You’re Stuck at Home
26 Jan, 2015
When the weather’s cold and you’re stuck at home, you may be wondering what to do with all of that free time! From board games to home improvement projects, there are plenty of things to do at home during the coldest months of the year. Keep reading for eight winter activities for your next “snow day.”
- Binge watch your favorite shows – Plug in your favorite streaming device, curl up with a blanket and warm beverage, and enjoy a marathon of your favorite TV shows and movies. A streaming device connects to your television to let you watch online shows and movies with ease, whether you prefer Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu!
- Play a game – From Scrabble to Monopoly, a cold winter’s day is the perfect opportunity to break out the old board games.
- Revitalize a room – Use your time at home to finish (or start) a home improvement project on your list. Organize your laundry room, clean your large appliances, or start redoing your home theater room.
- Bake something – Get everyone in the family together to bake something sweet. You’ll have plenty of time in case your first attempt doesn’t work out as planned.
- Make a slow cooker meal – If you have all day at home, use your slow cooker to make a delicious meal that will be ready later. Learn more about slow cookers in our expert post.
- Host a video game marathon – Grab the extra controller and join your family in a little friendly competition. Browse video game consoles and accessories to make sure you have the right equipment.
- Clean out your closet – Make three piles as you go through your clothes: one for items you want to keep, another for clothes you can store away, and a third one for clothing to donate. You’ll feel accomplished and will have more space available when spring rolls around.
- Play in the snow – If there’s snow in your area, take advantage of it! Go sledding, build a snowman or make snow angels. When you get too chilly, you can go inside and enjoy your slow cooker meal.
What do you like to do when you’re stuck at home? Don’t forget to stock up on the winter essentials to stay warm and cozy for the rest of the season.
Check out our Winter Fun Pinterest board for even more ideas:
Follow hhgregg’s board Winter Fun on Pinterest.